The Technology Department is focused on serving the needs of the staff, students, and families of CUSD#428. Technology has become an integral part of the educational process and it is our job to ensure that all systems are highly available and secure.
I have a technology issue- what do I do?
- Save your work (if you can).
- Before reporting any technology issue, you should ALWAYS try to restart the application/web-browser/device. This will resolve 50% of the glitches that happen on your device. We will look at you funny if you haven't done a reboot. JUST TRY IT!
- If your computer is still malfunctioning, and you have rebooted/checked for loose cable connections, you should contact your building technology representative.
- If you can't reach a building tech rep but have access to email, firstname.lastname@example.org is your best bet for quick and fast results.
How do I open a support ticket?(Video)
- All district staff and students have the ability to open a support ticket.
- Support tickets will automatically alert all technology staff, it is by far the fastest way for us to help you.
- All you have to do is send an email to email@example.com, a ticket and alert will be generated.
- Please as specific as possible, include your name, building, room number and the best time for us to stop by if you need assistance in person.
- For chromebook repairs, please contact your media center staff. The media center staff will create a repair request for you.
Xerox/RICOH Copier Problems:
If a copier is malfunctioning, please contact RKDixon. Remember to include the service tag of the copier when calling the support representatives.
RKDixon Support Phone: (877) 753-4966
Open Copier Service Ticket HERE
If your issue is related to AESOP
, please email Aesop Help
If your issue is related to the district website (non-skyward) or schools pages, please email David Pham or helpdesk.
Please use http://helpdesk.dist428.org
to manage open tickets. For general help on tickets, please see the Support Blog found on the top of this page.