Here is an example of what you should see if you have done everything correctly:
This web application was built for IE, it does work in Chrome/Firefox but the steps may vary:
IMPORTANT: This must be done within our network. This means that you can not use this password changer from home.
Read these steps below:
Password Considerations: All District428 members should have a password that is AT LEAST 8 CHARACTERS. Using passwords that have your name/DOB/spouse included are a poor choice. Good passwords use numbers and capitals. Great passwords are phrases;
- When prompted, please click 'accept/allow/approve' of the security certificate message.
- (You may also see 'Show Content')
- (Firefox: Add Exception and proceed)
- (CHROME: you may also have to click Advanced > Proceed *(unsafe)
- Once you see the 'Authentication Required' box- login with the account that you wish to change, please use the following syntax: DIST428\user.name
- DO NOT USE: firstname.lastname@example.org- just use your base username. Don't forget the dist428\
- The next screen should pull your account information in, if not enter in the username using the same syntax as above.
- Enter in the old password in the old password box.
- Enter in the new password in both boxes.
- Congrats! You have changed your password.
- ex. A password of: ilovethetechguys is so strong that it would take 345,000 years to crack with a desktop PC.
(CHROME: you may also have to click Advanced > Proceed *(unsafe)