Insight One-to-One installation
Post date: Apr 27, 2015 5:06:56 PM
- Download and run our Insight installer (only works inside district network).
- if prompted, click Accept/Run when opening installer
- a black box should open and close, once the installer is complete you will see a new icon in your taskbar.
- Open insight by double-clicking on the icon in the taskbar.
- To get started, we need to tie your machine to our ICS. With insight open, click Administer > Preferences.
- Now go to the Network tab, select Insight Connection Server, and enter 172.16.25.17 in the first field.
- Go to the Student tab in preferences, make sure these boxes are checked:
- Click APPLY at the bottom right.
- To setup your class period, click Administer > One to One > Manage Class Lists
- Under "This class list uses" , select Student Login Name (NOT AD NAME).
- Next, click "Browse for Students..."
- Now, in the Filter field, enter the student name or ID#.
- As you type in the filter area, the list will automatically update. To add the student to your class click the checkbox next to their name.
- Continue adding the rest of your students to your class list, when you are done click Add at the bottom.
- Once your class list is done, click Save
- Enter your Period/Class name in for the filename. Then click Save.
Load a Class List
- To load a new period/class list, click Administer > One-to-One > Load Class List
- From here you can open any previously made list.
- I can't find my student in the Class List Manager
- Make sure your student has accepted the insight user agreement.
- Make sure the student has network access.
- I can't find ANY students in the Class List Manager!
- Double check your insight configuration, make sure you have the Insight Connection Server address entered correctly (172.16.25.17)