Setting up Google Cloud Print
Post date: May 28, 2015 2:13:44 PM
A lot of people have been asking how they can print from their chromebook, this guide will walk you through setting that up.
Before you Start, you will need your chromebook and a windows based PC. You will also need to be signed into chrome on the PC. Please note that students will still not be able to directly print using this method.
To sign in to Chrome on your computer, follow these steps:
- In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the button that looks like a persons silhouette.
- Click Switch Person.
- Click Add Person.
- Enter District email address, hit next.
- Enter Username (email without @d428.org) and password, click login.
- Click Link Data to share previously saved bookmarks and settings across devices.
Still having trouble? Try following this guide.
After that is all set up, you are now ready to set up Google Cloud Print using your PC.
- Click the Chrome menu
- on the browser toolbar.Select Settings.
- Scroll down and click the Show advanced settings link.
- Scroll down to the “Google Cloud Print” section. Click Manage.
- The next screen will show a list of devices already registered with Google Cloud Print, and new devices available on the network.
- In the "Classic printers" section, click Add printers.
- Click Xerox, Ricoh, or whatever else you want to print to.
After that you are all set to print from a chromebook. Please note though that you will only be able to print while you are logged into chrome and a chromebook under the same account.
How to select a google cloud print printer on a chromebook:
After hitting the print button:
And then just print!